Pick up the phone and dial.
Coffee is for closers.
Ring, ring, cha-ching.
49 No’s = 1 Yes
You’ve heard the cliches.
But it seems that cold-calling is making a come-back.
Like me, you’ve probably seen young sales trainers making live cold calls on YouTube?
And winning business from those calls.
Personally, I think there are easier ways to win new business – they all involve the phone – but I’ll come back to that in a moment.
Here are the facts about cold calling.
- Cold calling never died.
- In the hands of skilled professionals, it works.
- It requires confidence and resilience.
- Only a small percentage are good at it.
- Warm calling is much easier.
Back in the day, I made thousands of cold calls and I won a lot of business.
But in time, I found far more efficient ways to make business development calls, for example:
- Verbal reference calls.
- Candidate marketing calls.
- Client referral calls.
- Senior Candidate Tracking calls.
- LinkedIn follow-up calls.
- Networking follow-up calls.
- ‘Sniper’ email follow-up calls.
- Diarised calls after initial failed calls.
As a business developer, you have to be inventive.
To find a reason for your sales call and make it warmer. Anything.
Reception: “What’s the call in connection with?”
Recruiter: “It’s Jenny Jones, he connected with me today on LinkedIn”
In recruitment, warm calls work far better than cold calls. I learned the hard way because I made thousands of cold calls and thousands of warm calls.
Warning: Warm calls don’t always work.
Fact: Warm calls work more often than cold calls
But you know what? If I had no choice but to make a cold call, I’d do it.
Because I’m a business winner.
WhatsApp me on +447480 790288 and I’ll send you a free video that will help you win business without cold calling.